I found this recipe back in 2006 in a magazine. Since then, it is one of my classics for cold winter days. I posted it on my dutch blog back in 2007 already, it was one of my first recipes. Now also for non-dutch speaking people 🙂
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 (small) zucchini
- 1 (small) eggplant
- 1 dried tomato in oil
- 3 roasted red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 liter of vegetable stock
- 400 grams sieved tomatoes
- 250 grams of fresh tortellini (filled with ricotta and spinach, or according to taste)
- salt, freshly ground pepper, finely ground basil, as desired
- Cut the bell peppers into small pieces and put them under the gril to for a few minutes.
- Also cut the aubergine and zucchini into small cubes.
- Prepare one liter (vegetable) broth.
- Cut the garlic and the sun-dried tomato in small pieces.
- Heat the garlic in the olive oil for 2 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and aubergine, and cook for three minutes. Stir constantly.
- Pour in the stock and the tomatoes, and bring everything to the boil.
- When everything is boiling, you can add the tortellini, and let it cook for 8 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper and the dried tomato.
- Season with spices up to taste.
- Let everything warm up well and spread over the plates.
Some other of my favourite soups are: