In the supermarket where I always do my shopping, they also sell chicken hearts. Every time I pass them, I get curious a bit more. How to make them? What can you do with it? How does that taste?… Yesterday my hand slipped out, and they landed in my shopping cart. I decided to make an autumn combination, and I must say, I am very pleased with the result: Stew of chicken hearts with pumpkin and mushroom.
- 200 grams of chicken hearts
- 200 grams of pumpkin
- 150 grams of mushrooms
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 spring onions (fits the season …)
- 200 ml chicken broth
- 1 large tablespoon of flour
- olive oil, pepper, salt, oregano
- Cut the red onion in half rings.
- halve the mushrooms.
- Cut the garlic cloves fine.
- Halve the chicken hearts.
- Bring the chicken broth to the boil and gently add the flour. Stir well until a roux is formed and take off the fire.
- Bake the garlic in a pan with olive oil shortly.
- Then add the pumpkin, onions and mushrooms. Leave a few minutes under a lid.
- Add the chicken hearts and bake for 3 more minutes.
- Add the roux to the stew and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes (without lid so that the liquid can vaporise further).
- Season with pepper, salt, oregano or other herbs to taste.
Other surprising stews that you might like are: