I didn't make a meal soup for quite some time already. But then I saw minestrone meal soup recipe from thechunkychef, and put it immediately on my to do list. Packed with vegetables and vitamins, a fantastic range of flavors, well seasoned and very nutritious. And easy to make: cut vegetables, simmer, finish, finished.
- 2 yellow onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 bay leaves
- 200 grams of carrots
- 200 grams of beans
- 1 courgette
- 200 grams of celery
- 1 can of tomato pieces
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1.2 liters of vegetable stock
- 1 can of red beans
- 1 can of white beans
- 150 grams of pasta
- 100 grams of young spinach
- herbs: pepper, salt, chili powder, cayenne pepper
- Cut the onion and the garlic fine.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot and add the onion and garlic.
- Add the vegetable stock, the tin of tomatoes and the tomato puree. Let it warm up on medium heat.
- Cut the carrots, celery and beans into medium sized pieces and add them to the stock.
- Also add the bay leaves.
- Open the cans with the beans, and let them drain. Then add them to the stock.
- Let everything simmer for 1.5 hours on a low heat.
- In the meantime season with pepper, salt, cayenne pepper and chili powder to taste.
- Chop the zucchini and the spinach finely.
- Add the zucchini and pasta to the soup after 1.5 hours. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the spinach 5 minutes before serving.
- Pour the soup into deep plates. You can also add a piece of French bread if you want.
Are you also such a soup lover? Then you need to check out all of our surprising.soups.
If you speak Dutch, you can find the Dutch version of this recipe on gerechtenweb.blog.