Are you ready for the fall? This delicious filled pumpkin is the perfect oven dish to start the autumn season. Those who say that the weather is not following the seasons anymore are wrong. Exactly on September 21st the hot summer weather give in to fall storm and rain.
My parents have pumpkins in their garden, and they have been growing exceptionally well this year. So I took a small one home to make this filled version. Home means: I took them as a hand luggage on the plain. No worries, it is allowed to take pumpkins in your hand luggage!
On my balcony I have been growing cherry tomatoes this year. So I used the last ones for this recipe. This makes it a very homegrown recipe!
Delicious filled pumpkin from the oven
- 1 small pumpkin
- 250 gram minced poultry
- 1 piece leek
- 160 gram cherry tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 piece chilli pepper
- 10 cc red wine
- 40 ml cream
- 1 handful parsley
- ground cheese
- tomato paste
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Cut the top of the pumpkin and remove the seeds.
- Put the top on the pumpkin again and bake for 15 minutes in the oven on a piece of baking paper.
- Meanwhile you can prepare the vegetables: cut the leek into rings, chop the chilli pepper and the garlic and halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Heat oil in a pan and bake the garlic and the chili pepper for a few minutes. Then add the minced poultry.
- When the poultry is ready, add red wine, leek and cherry tomatoes. Put a lid on it and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile chop the parsley.
- Now add the parsley, the cream and some tomato mark. Season with pepper and salt.
- Let it simmer for a few more minutes and then fill the pumpkin. Finish with some ground cheese.
- Put it in the oven for 30 minutes to bake.
Subscribe to surprising.recipes
The inspiration comes from a German blog: Gaumenfreundin. If you speak German I can warmly recommend it. I am a pumpkin fan, and I make several pumpkin recipes every year.
Are you looking for more easy and surprising pumpkin recipes? Then check out these recipes:
- easy Thai pumpkin curry with chicken
- healthy Indian inspired pumpkin pancakes
- Thai pumpkin curry with pork
- spicy roasted pumpkin
- lukewarm pumpkin salad
- vegetarian pumpkin noodles
- stew of chicken hearts with pumpkin and mushroom
- delicious Halloween pumkins muffins
If you speak Dutch, you can find the Dutch version of this recipe on gerechtenweb.blog.