Today we are doing something green. On my balcony I have a mint plant that survived the winter. It is full of energy and growing fast. Usually I take the leaves for fresh mint tea. But I was thinking what else can I do with it? Then I had the idea of pimping up a green pea soup with mint. It adds a surprising fresh taste, be sure to try this!
green pea soup with mint
- 2 onions yellow
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 potatoes
- 500 gram peas frozen
- 500 ml vegetable broth
- 5 gram fresh mint leaves half a cup
- Greek yoghurt
- Dice the onions and the garlic. Peel the potatoes and cut them into small cubes.
- Bake the onions and the garlic for a few minutes in some olive oil. Then add the potato cubes. Bake them also for a few minutes while stirring.
- Add the green peas and the vegetable broth. Bring it to a boil and let it simmer for approximately 10 minutes. Until the potatoes are cooked.
- Meanwhile, chop the mint.
- Add the mint to the broth and mix everything with the blender.
- Serve immediately and garnish with some Greek yoghurt and a leave of mint.
You can have this soup as a starter. But I personally prefer to have it as a meal with some fresh baguette. This is perfect to wipe the last pieces of soup from your plate.
Do you like different kinds of soups? Surprising.recipes offers a lot of ideas for easy and tasty soups. Here are some of my favourites:
- FiskasÃºpa – Icelandic fish soup
- Vegetarian orzo soup
- surprising orange carrot ginger soup
- creamy zucchini soup
- Minestrone meal soup
- Ratatouillesoup with tortellini
Of course, it does not happen a lot that you have an idea that has never been tried before. when researching I found inspiration in this German recipe. I like the combination with yellow onions and potatoes.
As always, you can find this and many other recipes on the Dutch twin version: gerechtenweb.blog.