These dates filled with goat cheese and walnuts are a very simple but very tasty appetizer. Three ingredients, that’s all you need! No more, no less. Moreover, if you take pitted dates (what I do) it needs almost not preparation. You can prepare them in advance and they will be ready in less then 15 minutes.
Dates filled with goat cheese and walnuts
- 10 dates pitted
- 5 halved walnuts
- goat cheese creamy
- If the dates are not pitted, cut them over lenght and remove the pits.
- Halve the walnuts pieces, so that you have walnut quarters.
- Open the walnuts a bit by pressing on the ends. Then fill them with goat cheese.
- Press the quarter walnut into the goat cheese
Subscribe to surprising.recipes
The combination of dates and goat cheese is just delicious! the walnuts add a bit of crunch to this vegetarian snack. Of course, you need to use creamy goat cheese for this recipe. I always use the nature version, without herbs. But feel free to experiment with some other flavors too! If you have fresh mint at home, you can also garnish with a small leave of fresh mint. I left it out for the recipe, as I wanted to limit myself to three ingredients.
The original inspiration for this dates filled with goat cheese comes from flavour and savour. They added also some mint for garnishing, but that wasn’t available. And it was also very yummy without the mint 🙂
- date candies with orange
- creamy date snack with smoked mackerel
- celery snack with roquefort and walnuts
- Boursin bites with smoked salmon
- bacon wrapped Brussels sprouts
- duo of healthy dip sauces
- mini fried eggs
- delicious banana canapés
- mini zucchini pizzas
- chicory leaves with apple, egg and smoked halibut
If you speak Dutch, you can find the Dutch version of this recipe on gerechtenweb.blog.