This healthy lukewarm green Greek pasta salad is so easy for a healthy and fast lunch when you have no time. Last weekend I was with my parents, as they suddenly had an unplanned appointment just before lunch. No problem, I can take over and then it is ready when you come back. I am always reluctant to mention times, because everybody works at a different rhythm, but for this one you really do not need more than half an hour.
I love Greek pasta, and used it on several occasions already. The green and healthy part of this lunch consists of broccoli and green peas. The cherry tomatoes and the ham add some additional colour and proteins (for my father a lunch without meat is no lunch). Of course you can be creative and replace by for expample by walnuts or pine nuts.
If you are looking for inspiration on what to make with the remainder of your Greek pasta package, you might find some inspiration in the following recipes:
Healthy lukewarm green Greek pasta salad
- 250 gram Greek pasta
- 200 gram green peas
- 500 gram broccoli
- 200 gram cherry tomatoes
- 200 gram ham
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- Take two liter of water for the pasta and bring it to bowl.
- Meanwhile cut the broccoli into florets, halve the cherry tomatoes and cut the ham into pieces.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water. Also add some butter, it will improve the taste and prevent sticking afterwards.
- After 7 minutes, add the broccoli and the green peas to the pasta.
- Let it cook for 5 more minutes.
- When ready, put the pasta and the green vegetables in a bowl. Add the cherry tomatoes and the ham and mix well.
- Make a sauce out of the mayonnaise, yoghurt and mustard, and mix it under the pasta.
You have different options for serving this recipe. In winter I prefer to have it lukewarm. In summer you may let it cool down and eat it cold, or have it as a side dish with your barbecue.