This yummy snack with gingerbread, apple and wild pÃ¢tÃ© is the second part of appetizers I made for the Christmas and New Year. It was in the middle of the dish, surrounded by the celery snack with roquefort and walnuts.
I like to be surprised by a recipe, and this one surely does: three ingredients with a totally different background that you would use for totally different occasions. But together they make a surprising combination that works very well. A perfect match for surprising recipes.
If you have serving rings or bakery forms you may use these to cut out the forms of the gingerbread and the apple. If you don’t have them (as I had on this occasion) you may use shot glasses, which works fine also. You may even combine different forms to make it even more festive.
I found the original inspiration on a Belgian website for baking butter. But afterwards I found many similar recipes. But make sure to use “real butter”, that is the best.
yummy snack with gingerbread, apple and wild pÃ¢tÃ©
- 4 slices gingerbread
- 1 piece apple jona gold
- 100 gram wild pÃ¢tÃ©
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Peel the apple, remove the core and cut it into slices of half a centimeter. With the serving ring, baking form or shot glass, press the forms out of the apple slices.
- Melt some butter in a pan, a bake the apple for two minutes with the brown sugar to caramelise. Put them apart.
- Cut out the pieces of gingerbread. Normally you will be able to make two forms per slice of gingerbread.
- Place the apple pieces on the gingerbread pieces.
- Finish with some wild pÃ¢tÃ©.
- Serve on a plate and enjoy with your guests and other snacks.