Peppernuts for Saint Nicholas is the first step for the gifts the kids wish on December 6. In Belgium and the Netherlands it is the traditions that Saint Nicholas brings gifts to all the children that behaved well during the year. Of course, all children do, but to be sure parents push their children to make these cookies. Of course you have to taste them.
The recipe is easy, and the taste is great. You can play with the flavours to see what Saint Nicholas might like the most. The parents are well placed to do this tasting, they know the holy man already for a long time.
Saint Nicholas peppernuts
- 150 gram flour
- 75 gram dark brown sugar
- 90 gram butter
- 10 gram spiced biscuit spices
- 2 tablespoons milk
- cinnamon a lot
- Mix all the ingredients until you have a compact dough.
- Preheat the oven at 140Â°C and cover a tray with baking paper.
- Roll little balls of the dough, and put them on the baking paper.
- Bake them for 20-25 minutes.
- control yourself and do not eat them before they have cooled down.