This potato-egg salad is a perfect side dish for the hot summer days or for a barbecue outside. You don’t like the combination with eggs? Then you might consider to try the apple-potato salad that I made on an earlier occasion. Or you just make both of them. For sure your guests will appreciate it a lot!
The inspiration for the potato egg salad comes from the blog cookedbyjulie.
potato egg salad
- 400 gram potatoes
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonaise
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons caper
- 1 clove garlic
- paprika powder
- 3 scallions
- chives a handful
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into small pieces.
- Bring water to boil with some rosemary leaves
- Boil the potatoes and the eggs in the rosemary water for 10 minutes, until both are ready.
- Cool down under cold water.
- Peel the eggs and mash 2 of them. Add them to the potatoes.
- Add the caper to the potato-egg mixture.
- Chop two scallions finely and add them to the mixture.
- Chop the garlic clove finely, and add it to the salad as well.
- Mix mayo, mustard, olive oil, pepper and salt und the potato-egg mixture.
- Serve on a dish. Finish with two halved eggs, a scallion, chives and paprika powder
Are you looking for more ideas? Check the following surprising.salads on surprising.recipes:
- asparagus-strawberry salad
- Waldorf towers
- Belgian endives and arugula salad with blood sausage
- Fresh fig carpaccio
- apple-potato salad
- Tasty lukewarm chickpea salad
- Watermelon strawberry salad
If you speak Dutch, you can find this and many more recipes on the Dutch twin blog of suprising.recipes: gerechtenweb.blog.