Mediterranean oven chicken with sun-dried tomato cream is an easy and healthy light lunch for warm summer days. Last week the ingredients for the Mediterranean lunch were haddock and asparagus, this week chicken fillet and sun-dried tomatoes are the main components of this surprisingly easy and healthy lunch.
I made the lunch with risoni, a Greek pasta that looks a bit like rice. It adds to the Mediterranean style. Of course, you may also use rice or some other kind of pasta.
Ingredients (2 persons):
- 2 chicken fillets
- 75 grams of sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 250 ml of cream
- 1 shallot
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 small red pepper
- 4 small pickles
- 10 black olives
- 2 coffee spoons small capers
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- a handful of coriander (10 grams)
- pepper and salt
- 1 dl white wine
- some basil leaves
- a little ground cheese
- Slice the onion, the garlic and the pepper finely.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes and the black olives.
- Slice the pickles and coriander finely.
- Season the chicken fillets with pepper and salt on both sides.
- Process the sun-dried tomatoes in the food processor, until finely chopped.
- Add the cream to the mashed sun-dried tomatoes.
- Take some of the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes, and bake the chicken on both sides for a very short time.
- Put some of the oil in an oven dish and put the chicken in it when it is baked on both sides.
- Now fry the shallot in the same pan, then add the garlic and the red pepper.
- Extinguish with white wine, then add the pickles and the cherry tomatoes.
- Let the wine reduce, then add the cream with sun-dried tomatoes.
- Let it simmer for a few minutes and then add the black olives, the capers and the coriander.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Add the creamy sauce to the chicken fillets in the oven dish.
- Finish with some ground cheese.
- Let the chicken bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, you can make the pasta and pour a glass of wine. If you, like me, are chaotic in the kitchen, you can also start cleaning up.
- Before serving, you can add some basil leaves for garnishing.
You can vary with the ingredients to your own taste. The basis for this dish are the chicken fillets and the sun-dried tomatoes in a cream sauce.
Subscribe to surprising.recipes
Are you looking for more surprising Mediterranean flavor? Then you might also be tempted by these recipes:
- Haddock with asparagus and a Mediterranean bell pepper paste.
- Summer zucchini lunch with cheddar-yolk sauce.
- Easy and refreshing Greek tzatziki.
- Asparago tonnato (asparagus with a tuna sauce, like vitello tonnato).
- Greek style stuffed zucchini.