Haddock and asparagus are the catch of the week in my local supermarket. But how to make them, and what to server with it? As it is terribly hot for the moment, a light and Mediterranean lunch should be the outcome. A paste of black olives, bell pepper and cherry tomatoes completed my idea for the weekend. The asparagus and the haddock were steamed to keep the best possible taste and make the menu very healthy.
Ingredients (2 portions):
- 2 haddock fillets
- 500 grams asparagus
- 1 shallot
- 1 red bell pepper
- a handful of cherry tomatoes
- some basil leaves
- black olives
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the shallots, the bell pepper and the cherry tomatoes into fine pieces.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan.
- Add the shallots, and bake them for a few minutes.
- Then add the bell pepper and the cherry tomatoes.
- Cover and bake on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut the black olives and peel the asparagus.
- Pour the mixture from the pan with the black olives and some basil leaves in the kitchen robot, and mix well.
- Bring some water to boil, and steam the asparagus for 8 minutes.
- Then add the haddock, and steam for a further 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately and garnish with some additional black olives.
I had no white wine available. Otherwise you might add some white wine to the baked onions. In that case, don't put the lid on it, but let the wine cook away. It will give some additional taste.