I made this asparagus cocktail a few years ago, found the inspiration on a dutch website. It is a very surprising combination with chicken and orange in a Bulgarian curry enriched with sherry and curry.
I love asparagus, and every year I try some new combinations like a breaded German verion, or a salad with rucola and strawberries. This combination remains one of the most popular recipes on my Dutch blog year after year.
Feel free to be creative and try some other combinations. Shrimps may be a great alternative. Or you may want to use pomegranate, which also gives a much more exotic taste.
Ingredients (4 portions):
- 250 grams of white asparagus
- 2 oranges
- 200 grams of chicken fillet
- 125 grams of Bulgarian yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons of sherry
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- some lemon juice
- some ginger powder
- parsley for garnish
- Peel the asparagus and cut off the bottom.
- Cook the asparagus 8 to 10 minutes. Then let them cool down, drain them and cut them into small pieces.
- Cut the chicken fillet into small cubes and fry well.
- Let the chicken cubes also drain and cool
- Peel the orange and remove the white fibres as much as possible.
- Cut the parts into small pieces
- Mix the yogurt with the sherry, a few drops of lemon juice and the ginger powder.
- Add the curry.
- Mix the orange, asparagus and chicken cubes.
- Spread the mixture over four glass coupÃ©s.
- Divide the sauce over the coupÃ©s and garnish with parsley.