In my supermarket, they sell chicken stomach. That is of course something that is making me curious, and I was wondering how to make it. But before you can make it, you have to buy it. In fact it is very cheap! I supposed it would need a lot of simmering to make it tender, so I decided to add it to a goulash. It worked out very well, tasting a bit like pork, which worked wonderfully in this combination.
- 2 yellow onions
- 400 grams of mixed beef / pork
- 400 grams chicken stomachs
- 0.5 liter dark beer (porter)
- 3 bell peppers
- 4 large carrots
- 6 tomatoes
- 4 spring onions
- a few tablespoons of silver onions
- olive oil
- 200 grams of Schupfnudeln (those long pasta, you can also take gnocchi)
- Heat a bottom of olive oil in a large pot.
- Cut the onions coarsely.
- Fry the onions in the olive oil and add the mustard.
- Add the beef / pork and seal on all sides.
- First add the beer and then the chicken stomachs. Bring this to the boil and simmer gently.
- Cut the vegetables (carrots, peppers, eggplant, tomatoes, spring onions) finely and add them one at a time to the stock.
- Add the silver onions.
- Add salt and pepper, and simmer for 1.5 hours.
- Add the pasta, and simmer for about 15 minutes.
This is an unusual recipe at first sight, a very surprising combination. But it tastes wonderfully and like the chicken hearts, brings some adventure into your meal.