I found this stuffed eggplant with minced poultry some time ago on mylifecookbook. I wanted to make it for some time already, and today was the day. Below is my version of this great eggplant recipe.
stuffed eggplant with minced poultry
- 1 eggplant
- 1 chili pepper
- 100 gram Greek pasta risoni, orzo
- 200 gram minced poultry
- 1 white onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 50 gram sun-dried tomatoes
- 0,5 dl white wine
- 2 slices cheddar
- paprika powder
- Bring water to boil and cook the risoni as instructed on the package.If the risoni is ready, drain and put aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180 Â° C.
- Cut the chilli pepper, onion and garlic clove finely.
- Then cut the aubergine into 2 halves and cut a piece of the ends so that they can stand upright.Scoop out the inside of the aubergine. It will be filled up later.
- Process the sun-dried tomatoes and the remains of the eggplant in the food processor into a paste.
- Heat oil in a pan.Fry the onion and garlic in the pan.Add the chili pepper after a few minutes.
- Cook for a few minutes and extinguish with white wine.
- Allow the wine to boil for a few minutes, then add the minced poultry and the pasta of sundried tomatoes and eggplant.
- Cook until the minced meat is done and then add the risoni. Mix everything together well.
- Fill the aubergine with the minced meat mixture and finish with a slice of cheddar cheese on top. Put the stuffed eggplant on a piece of baking paper in the oven and let it cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the eggplant from the oven and allow to cool down for a few minutes. It is very hot.
- Arange the rest of the minced meat around the aubergine and serve.
Eggplant is a delicious vegetable that can be prepared in many different ways. Other surprising eggplant dishes are: