Yesterday I was thinking about what to eat when I saw this tagliatelle with chicken, zucchini and buffalo mozzarella from Jeroen Meus in "dagelijkse kost". As I love his easy and delicious recipes, the decision was made very fast to bring a little bit of Italy into my winter.
Ingredients (2 persons):
- 200 grams of chicken fillet (or chicken cubes)
- 100 grams of bacon cubes
- half an eggplant
- half a zucchini
- a clove of garlic
- a small onion
- a chili pepper
- a tin of tomato cubes (400gr)
- a bit of tomato concentrate
- pine nuts
- buffalo mozzarella
- 200 grams of tagliatelle
- olive oil
- 1 dl white wine
- herbs: pepper, salt, Italian herbs
- Cut the chicken fillet into cubes.
- Slice the garlic, the onion and the chili pepper finely.
- Slice the eggplant and zucchini into fine cubes.
- Heat the olive oil in a deep pan.
- Rub the chicken cubes with salt and pepper.
- Bake the chicken cubes in the olive oil.
- Add the bacon strips.
- If they are scorched on all sides, remove the meat from the pan.
- Now fry the garlic and the onion in the same oil.
- Add the chili pepper.
- Add the aubergine first and then the zucchini.
- You may also add some oil if needed.
- Add the white wine, and let it reduce.
- Now add herbs, tomato concentrate, tomato cubes and finally the meat.
- Let it boil gently under medium heat.
- Meanwhile, bring water to boil for the tagliatelle.
- Roast the pine nuts in a pan with some oil.
- Cut a few cubes of buffalo mozzarella and take some basil leaves.
- When the pasta is ready you can serve and serve.
I am a big fan of Jeroen Meus and his program "dagelijkse kost" (daily kitchen). He has always good ideas, and is not "showing off". You don't need a Michelin star to make his recipes. Here are some other examples: