I made this starter long ago, back in 2007, for the first time. Meanwhile it is quite easy to buy an avocado you can use immediately. I remember back then I always bought them one week in advance so they could get ready for usage. You can find the dutch version here. I have the original recipe from a cookbook, containing recipes with max. 6 ingredients.
Ingredients (6 persons):
- 1 smoked chicken
- 2 dl lemon mayonaise
- 3 ripe avocados
- 125 gram mixed salad
- 125 ml hazelnut oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- pepper and salt for seasoning
- Remove the smoked chicken from the bones and cut it into small cubes.
- Mix the smoked chicken with the mayonaise.
- Add pepper and salt up to taste.
- Peel the avocados and cut them into halves.
- Slice the halved avocados into small pieces.
- Make a dressing with the oil and the vinegar, season with pepper and salt.
- Mix the salad with the dressing.
- Organise all the ingredients on a dish as shown on the picture, or up to your own creativity.
- You may serve it with a white wine, for example a chablis.
Other surprising starters you can find on surprising recipes are;