pineapple maryipan cake is one of my real favorite cakes for the autumn. the combination of pineapple and marzipan works very well.
Ingredients for a cake mold with a diameter of 26 cm:
- 200 grams of marzipan
- 5 eggs
- 175 grams of butter
- 175 grams of sugar
- 1 pack of vanilla sugar (8 gram)
- 1 pack of baking powder (15 gram)
- 300 grams of flour
- 300 grams of canned pineapple
- butter for greasing the mold
- breadcrumbs for dusting the mold
- chocolate icing
- pistachio nuts
- Preheat the oven at 180Â°C.
- Cut the pineapple into fine pieces and let them drain.
- Cut the marzipan finely
- Melt the butter
- Beat the marzipan, the butter, the eggs and the sugar until the foam with the mixer
- Add the flour and the baking powder to the mixture
- Add the pineapple pieces to the dough.
- Grease the mold and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Pour the dough into the mold
- Bake in the convection oven at 180 Â° -200 Â° for 30-35 minutes. Or in the combi-oven with hot air at 170 Â° and the microwave at the lowest setting.
- Remove the cake from the mold and let it cool down.
- Melt the chocolate glaze "au bain marie".
- Cover the cake with the glaze.
- Grate the pistachios and spread them over the glaze.
I posted this pineapple marzipan cake recipe for the first time on my Dutch blog "Gerechtenweb" already back in 2007. So it is a true classic.