A few weeks ago I made this easy butter rum cake for my colleagues. It disappeared before I had the chance to taste it myself. So this is the 2nd version. You can make it with different kinds of aromatics, also vanilla or almonds.
Inspired by the flavours of the Caribbean, this indulgent bundt cake is perfect for a dinner party or weekend feast. The inspiration (amongst others) comes from Kingarthurflour.
- 350 gram flour
- 10 gram baking powder
- 250 gram sugar
- 250 gram butter
- 4 eggs
- a pinch of salt
- 200 ml buttermilk
- rum arome
- Preheat the oven at 170Â°C.
- Mix the flour and the baking powder.
- Melt the butter.
- Mix the butter and the sugar.
- Add the eggs.
- Continue by adding salt, rum aroma and buttermilk.
- Add the flour.
- Grease a tube cake form.
- Poor the flour in the cake form.
- Bake it in the oven for 60 minutes.
- Let it cool down and finish with confectioners sugar.
please find below the recipes of some other favourite cakes I like: