Are you looking for a different kind of appetizer? An easy and surprising part of your main menu for Christmas or New Year? And of course, not too difficult and not too expensive? On Paleohacks, I found this surprising combination, fitting to all these requirements: bacon wrapped Brussels sprouts. Your guests will be so happy! And you too, because you don’t need to stay the whole time in the kitchen.
bacon wrapped Brussels sprouts
- 8 Brussels sprouts
- bacon slices fine bacon
- Preheat the oven at 190Â°C.
- Clean the sprouts, removing the outer leaves (you never know what has been in contact with them).
- Spread some nutmeg on the bacon.
- Wrap the Brussels sprouts in the bacon.
- Fix the bacon with toothpicks.
- Put the bacon wrapped Brussels sprouts on a baking paper in the oven for app. 30 minutes.
As the name says it, Brussels sprouts are a typical Belgian vegetable. Though not well known internationally Belgium has a lot to offer in the kitchen. Get inspired by the following Belgian dishes: