Some time ago I made a mango-coconut cream, and someone asked me whether I could also give a recipe for mango lassi. A very good idea, and just as the malai kofta, it is one of the first things I enjoy when I go to Kathmandu. Normally this is the season for me to be there with my friends from Solukhumbu trekking. So here is the recipe for my mango lassi with saffron and cardamom.
- 1 mango (ready to eat)
- a few saffron threads
- 3 cardamonies
- 150 grams of natural yoghurt
- 50 ml milk
- Agavejuice to sweeten (you may also use honey or something similar)
- Dissolve the saffron in a sone lukewarm water.
- Peel the cardamons, and grind the inner parts of it.
- Peel the mango.
- Put everything in the blender and mix well.