Autumn is the season for pumpkin recipes. I found the inspiration for this one on Lovenourish. I especially like the combination of pumpkin and chickpeas. This lukewarm pumpkin salad is really easy and surprising.
- one third of a butternut squash.
- 100 grams of chickpeas
- 1 red onion
- 50 grams of sun-dried tomatoes
- 100 grams of feta cheese
- a handful of finely cut fresh mint
- spices for the butternut: salt, pepper, rosemary, nutmeg, and some olive oil
- Preheat the oven at 180Â° Celsius.
- Cut the butternut into pieces.
- Season the butternut with the spices, bake it for 35 minutes in the oven. It will become tender and caramelise a bit.
- Cut the red onion, sun-dried tomatoes, mint and feta into pieces.
- Let the chickpeas leak out.
- Bake the onion for 5 minutes in a pan on medium heat with some olive oil.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and the chickpeas, and reduce the heat to keep everything warm.
- When the butternut is ready, add it also to the pan.
- Add the feta and the mint and mix everything well.
- Serve immediately.
Pumpkins are very big vegetables. so after making this lukewarm pumpkin salad, you probably will have a lot of leftovers. Here are some good ideas to use them:
- spicy roasted pumpkin
- Thai pumpkin curry with pork
- vegetarian pumpkin noodles
- stew of chicken hearts with pumkin and mushrooms
[…] 5. Lukewarm pumpkin salad […]
[…] lukewarm pumpkin salad with chickpeas, feta and sun-dried tomatoes […]