Asparagus are the star of the menu starting from March until June. I especially like this Flemish asparagus. Of course because it is typical for the region where I come from. But also because it is so easy to make and has such a great taste. You will find many versions on the internet. Special about my version is that I separate the egg whites and the yolks. I like the way they are presented this way.
- 500 gram asparagus
- 2 eggs
- 100 gram butter
- parsley a big handful
- Boil the eggs for 10-12 minutes until they are hard boiled. This may depend a bit on the size of the egg. Small ones may be ready in a bit less than 10 minutes, extra large ones might take up to 13-14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel the asparagus and cut the wooden parts at the bottom.
- Cook the asparagus tender in 7 to 10 minutes. This again my depend on the size of the vegetables.
- Chop the parsley finely.
- Peel the eggs and separate the egg white and the yolk. Mash them both finely.
- Serve as shown on the picture and pour some melted butter over them.
Subscribe to surprising.recipes
As I mentioned before, asparagus are the star of the menu during spring, from March until June somewhere. This also means that I collected a lot of recipes with asparagus meanwhile on surprising.recipes. Please also take a look at these creations:
- fish stew with green and white asparagus
- asparagus chicken-curry spring cocktail
- passionate asparagus
- breaded asparagus
- haddock with asparagus and a Mediterranean bell pepper paste
- salmon with lemon butter sauce and green asparagus
- asparagus strawberry salad
- asparago tonnato
How to Grow Asparagus from Seed
Did you ever wonder where asparagus are coming from? How they grow and whether you can grow them at home? Well, it is all on the internet of course. During my research I found this great resource on Happydiyhome: how to grow asparagus from seed. It takes some time and you have to be patient, but be sure to read it and to try it if you want.
If you speak Dutch, you can find the Dutch version of this recipe on gerechtenweb.blog.