I am not quite sure whether there is an English translation for this south German kind of pasta (Schupfnudel). It are more or less long gnocchi, also made on potato basis. SpÃ¤tzle, that other kind of German pasta is more from the south-west region (Baden), Schupfnudel more from the south-east (Bayern).
- 500 gr Schupfnudel
- 1 piece of garlic
- 1 small onion
- 2 carrots
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 200 gr champignons
- 2 spring onions
- 200 ml vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- spices: salt, pepper, kurkuma, chille, rosemary
- For the preparation, cut all the vegetables into pieces.
- I steamed the carrots a few minutes beforehand.
- heat some olive oil in a pan and bake the “Schupfnudel” for a few minutes. Season with rosemary. When ready, put it aside.
- If needed, add some additional olive oil to the pan and add the garlic and the onion.
- After a few minutes, add the other vegetables and let it bake for a few minutes and season with pepper, salt, chilli and Kurkuma. Put a lid on it.
- Then add the broth and the sour cream and let it cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve when hot and enjoy.