I saw this "salmon with lemon butter sauce and green asparagus" on cooking classy. I think the real genius is in the butter sauce, with lemon and honey for a great sweet sour taste.
- 8 green asparagus
- 1 salmon fillet
- 400 gr potatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3+1 tablespoons of butter
- 0,25 cup of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 theespoon of honey
- 1 egg
- nutmeg, salt and pepper
- parsley and pieces of lemon for garnishing
- Peel the potatoes and cook them.
- Chop the garlic.
- Melt a tablespoon of butter and bake the garlic in it for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, and let it reduce to one third.
- Then add the rest of the butter and the honey, mix well and keep the sauce warm.
- Mash the potatoes and mix with the egg, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Steam the asparagus for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Bake the salmon for a few minutes on both sides until golden brown.
- Meanwhile chop the parsley and the lemon pieces.
- Serve immediately on a dish and enjoy with a glass of white wine.
Other great salmon recipes that I like are:
- salmon with gin spices, mushrooms and roasted rye bread.
- salmon topped with star anise on a bed of asparagus