The inspiration for this recipe is coming from runners world, but finally I based the muffins on a recipe of Jamie Oliver. These sweet potato muffins can be eaten for breakfast, or as a revitaliser after a workout. Or just as a sweetie.
- 600 gram sweet potatoes
- 4 spring onions
- 2 fresh chilli peppers
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of cottage cheese
- 250 gram flour
- 50 gram Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds
- Peel an rasp the sweet potatoes.
- Slice the spring onions and the chilli peppers.
- Put the sweet potatoes, the spring onions, the chillies, the eggs, the cottage cheese, the flour and most of the Parmesan cheese in a bowl and mix everything well.
- Season with pepper and salt.
- Preheat the oven at 180Â°C.
- Oil the muffin forms.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the muffin forms.
- Finish with the rest of the Parmesan cheese, the poppy seeds and the pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for 45 minutes in the oven, until golden brown.
- They can be served after 5 minutes of cooling down. You can also eat them cold during the next days. 2 muffins is a portion for one person.
You can also make the muffins with a butternut squash or with carrots.