Recently I was in Morokko, and it is kind of tradition that I get inspired by the local kitchen.
- 2 sweet potatoes (about 500 grams), chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced and crushed
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 300 grams of lentils
- 1.5 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1.5 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 0.5 teaspoon paprika
- 0.5 teaspoon cinnamon
- 0.5 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 liters vegetable broth
- 100g spinach, roughly chopped
- 50 cl lemon juice
- Heat the vegetable broth, until cooking.
- Add the vegetables and the spices.
- Let it simmer for app. 1 hour. Then check the lentils whether they are ready.
- Take half of the soup, and blend it. Then add it back to the rest.
- Add the spinach and the lemon juice.
- Let it simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper and currypowder to taste.
- Serve with some bread.