For the easter menu, I was responsible for the dessert. Â Of course I had to make the melting pot of chocolate and baileys 🙂 Additionally I made a more healthy alternative with less calories, a blueberry almond cake after a recipe of Pascale Naessens.
- 50 gram butter
- 200 gram blueberries
- 100 gram almond powder
- 30 gram coconut blossom sugar (or brown sugar if you can't find that)
- 100 gram yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- Grease a cake mold and cover it with baking paper. This makes the baking paper stick well to the form, and when finished, the cake is easily removable from the mold.
- Preheat the oven at 180Â°C.
- Melt the butter.
- Mix the butter with the almond powder, coconut blossom sugar, yoghurt and eggs.
- At the end, carefully add the blueberries.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
We have been discussing and laughing a lot in the family with the coconut blossom sugar, but it is not a joke, it really exists. Â Just ask in your favorite supermarket, they will help you 🙂
[…] Pascale Naessens is one the the Belgian television cooks that inspires me regularly. Another recipe from her is this blueberry almond cake. […]