this is part two of my Sylvester menu. Scallops with blood sausage, also featuring chicory, wild mushrooms and potato wedges.
Ingredients (for 4 persons):
- 16 scallops
- 2 blood sausages
- 300 grams of wild mushrooms
- 300 ml of cream
- 1 shallot
- 300 ml of fish stock
- 100ml dry white wine
- 2 star anise fruits
- Butter, olive oil, salt, pepper, sauce binder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 400 gr small potatoes
- A sprig of rosemary
- A clove of garlic
- 4 pieces of chicory
- Peel the potatos and cut them into mandarin-like slices.
- Chop the rosemary and the garlic and mix them with 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Grease the potatoes with the mixture and put the parts on a baking paper.
- Fry the chicories with some butter in a little water until they are fully cooked.
- Chop the shallot.
- Bake the shallot in some butter, and add the star anise, which will give a very special taste to the sauce.
- Add the fish stock and the white wine and let it cook until the sauce is reduced by half.
- Add the cream and let it simmer further for a few minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- Sieve the cause and put it aside.
- Heat the oven at 180Â° and put the potatoes in it for 30-35 minutes.
- Pat the scallops dry with kitchen paper. Otherwise they will cook instead of baking.
- Slice the blood sausage into pieces of approximately 1cm.
- Clean the wild mushrooms and slice them into pieces.
- Fry the scallops in a pan and add the blood sausage.
- Fry the wild mushrooms in a separate pan.
- Bind the sauce.
- Arrange everything on the plates and add a bit of sauce.
- Serve and enjoy immediately!
Leave a Reply