A cold pasta on hot summer days. This is the lunch I like most when temperatures outside are extremely high. And that happens a lot in recent years. So this yellow-green summer pasta is the recipe that will guide us through summer season.
Ingredients (for 2 persons):
- 1 green zucchini
- 1 yellow zucchini
- 2 egg yolks
- 200 gr Pancetta
- 50 gr Parmezan, grated
- 250 gr penne
- fresh basil leaves
- pepper, salt
- Slice the zucchini is pieces of the same size and shape as the penne.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the Pancetta.
- Put the Pancetta aside and fry the zucchini.
- Boil the penne.
- Mix the egg yolks with the Parmesan, pepper and salt. Add a few tablespoons of the cooking water of the pasta to make the mixture consistent.
- Mix the penne, zucchini and Pancetta in a large bowl. Add the egg yolks and the basilicum.
What to eat on hot summer days? I love light lunches that are healthy and easy to make. You don't want to sweat for hours in a hot kitchen during those days. Here are some recipes that will guide you through this hot season:
- Summer lunch with chicken and croutons.
- Summer zucchini lunch with cheddar and a egg-yolk sauce.
- Easy vegetarian Greek pasta salad.
- Tasty lukewarm chickpea salad.
- Vegetarian gnocchi with yellow bell pepper.
- Summer pasta salad with green beans and tuna.
Do you love yellow-green recipes? Then you should certainly try the following ideas:
If you speak Dutch, you can find the Dutch version of this recipe on gerechtenweb.blog.