The asparagus are very well this season, so I thought I could do another one. This time I chose a combination with fish and mashed potatoes.
- 1 kg of asparagus
- 1 dl of white wine
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- 2 egg yolks
- 200 grams of butter
- 600 grams of catfish fillet
- Flour, salt, pepper
- Chop the onion finely and crush the peppercorns.
- Bring the wine to boil in a saucepan and add the onion and the peppercorns.
- Let the wine boil until it is reduced and then put it apart.
- Sift the onion and the peppercorns out and put aside.
- Peel the asparagus and cook them for about 8 minutes.
- Roll the catfish in the flour on both sides and sprinkle with pepper and salt.
- Melt butter in a pan and let the fish bake in it for a few minutes on both sides.
- Add the egg yolks to the lukewarm wine and whip creamy.
- Add the butter bit by bit to the mixture under constant whisking. Make sure the sauce doesn't start boiling.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, to which you have added the cooked onion and chervil.