This is the funniest recipe I ever read. I copied it from the ‘boring baking blog’ integrally on the dutch version of my blog. So, if you speak dutch I advise to have a look there.
The day before:
the best way is to make this cake in three days. As usual, it starts with the preparation and organizing the ingredients.
Ingredients for the cake:
- 300 ml water
- 90 gram cocoa
- 250 gram flour
- 500 gram cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 350 ml coconut milk
- 130 sunflower oil
- 3 eggs
Ingredients for the layer and the topping:
- 200 gram coconut rasp
- 300 gram butter
- 300 gram icing sugar
- 300 gram mascarpone
Prepare the chocolate cream:
- Boil the water and add the cocoa.
- Mix it well and put it aside for the next day.
So now you are ready for day 1. Now relax, and tomorrow is baking day 🙂
- Put the dry ingredients for the cake into a bowl: flour, sugar, baking powder.
- Mix the other cake ingredients together: coconut milk, eggs, sunflower oil.
- Add the two mixtures together while stirring constantly.
- And finally add the chocolate cream.
- Prepare two cake pans (25 cm) with butter and a bit of coconut rasp, and divide the mixture over these two forms.
- Preheat the oven at 170Â°C
- Bake the cakes for about 50 minutes. I did it sequentially as my oven couldn’t contain both forms.
Now we are going into the final preparation for eating the cake.
- Grate the cocosrasp in the oven for about 10 minutes, until brown. At the best you control the process carefully and shuffle the coconut rasp regularly. Otherwise you risk ending up with a black and white version.
- Melt the butter and add the iced sugar.
- Add 4 tablespoons of the grilled coconut rasp.
- And finally add the mascarpone.
- Mix everything well.
I love it when it comes together:
- Cover the first cake with a layer of the mascar-cocos mixture.
- Then put the 2nd cake on top and cover the whole cake with the rest of the mascar-cocos mixture.
- And finally, sprinkle the grated coconut rasp over the cake.
Many thanks to
Boring Happy baking!